You must agree to the legal terms before you can read or rate nursing homes.
Access to and use of this Website (“Site”), owned and maintained by Nursing Homes Rating Ltd. ("NHR") is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. NHR reserves the right to change such terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
If you, as the user (the “User”), read and agree to these terms and conditions, click the "Accept" button below. If you disagree with the terms and conditions, click the "Decline" button below:
- Any User may access the Site to assist in the User’s evaluation of any of the nursing or care homes which are detailed on the Site. However, by proceeding to access the Site the User acknowledges and agrees that:
- NHR does not make any formal attempt to verify the accuracy and validity of comments and ratings which have been posted by third parties;
- the entire risk associated with the use of the Site is assumed by the User. The Site is provided on an "as is" basis and all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or collateral are disclaimed including, without limitation, all warranties of merchantability, quality, marketability or fitness for particular purposes or those arising by law, statute, usage of trade or course of dealing. In particular, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, there is no warranty that the Site is accurate, up-to-date, error free or free from any software virus or other harmful component, and, further, NHR does not endorse, confirm or represent the expertise or competence of any of the nursing or care homes listed in the Site;
- in no circumstances shall NHR, its officers or employees be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, arising from or in connection with use of, access to or reliance on, or inability to use or gain access to, the Site, or arising from or in connection with any advice, action or inaction of any nursing or car home listed in the Site;
- there is no other collateral or non-written agreement between NHR and any person or party accessing the Site as a User;
- third party advertising is provided on the Site. NHR has no involvement in the operation of such business or merchants; they alone are responsible for on-line orders, processing billing, delivery, customer service, and any other transactions. Use of any advertised business or merchants is at the sole risk of the User. NHR is not responsible for any damage, or loss, that may result from any such transactions;
- the Site contains links to other internet sites. NHR is not responsible for the content, accuracy and/or opinions on these sites and any access is at the User’s sole risk; and,
- all information on the Site, including ratings, and comment, are the intellectual property of NHR and no one may use, reproduce, publish, distribute or communicate all or any part of the Site, or material contained therein:
- for any commercial purposes;
- for creating or compiling any directory or any mailing list;
- in a computer service, as part of a fee-for-service, copy service, or document delivery service including any such service operated by any other public or private library;
- for any other purpose that would be susceptible to be used as a source of or substitute for the Site; and,
- by means of a webbot, spider, or any other means of automation.
- Additionally, a User may use this Site to post comments or other material about any nursing or care home where the User has personal first hand knowledge or experience. However, by proceeding to post comments or material on the Site as a User, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you have had direct experience with the nursing or care home for which you are submitting comments or material and your comments or material are not based on third party information or hearsay. Furthermore, you warrant that you have personal contact, on your own behalf, or as a friend or family member of someone in the nursing or care home, for which you are submitting comments or material, and your personal experience is the sole basis for the comments or material which is submitted;
- NHR shall have sole ownership over submitted comments or material, all of which are warranted to be bona fide and not posted for any ulterior purpose or motive and, not to be limited in generality by the foregoing, all nursing home owners, officers, directors or shareholders may not post comments or material on this Site. Moreover, any comments or material believed or suspected to be the direct or indirect contribution of a nursing or care home owner, officer, director or shareholder (save where disclosed in writing to NHR and such disclosure has been acknowledged in writing by NHR) may be immediately deleted;
- NHR has the sole right, in its subjective opinion to edit, modify, or delete any comments or material posted by any User;
- the content of this Site and associated design, graphical work, organization, and all information and ratings and protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other propriety rights is the sole property of NHR. Any copying, express or otherwise, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited, unless given written permission by NHR; and,
- submitted comments or material must be free from the use of any and all of the following: profanity; inappropriate or suggestive language; the mention of specific names of nursing home employees or reference to any individual's race, ethnicity, age, or orientation.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed by the laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada as applicable therein. Any person or party commencing any proceeding or action against NHR, its agents, officers or employees, which relates to the use of this Site, or any comments or material on the Site, must do so in the Province of Ontario, naming the City of Guelph, as the place of trial and for any pre-trial proceeding. If the User has read and agrees to these terms and conditions, please click the "Accept" button. If the User does not agree to these terms and conditions, click "Decline".